10.26.2007

Here I sit....

Well, the television show train chugs along, I'm just taking a break from the writing(to do more writing....what?) to tell you all what you should be doing, listening to, watching, etc., etc....mostly, cos I'm just so much smarter than you all.
Ha. If only. Anyway, here we go....

I've been a fan of Alec Empire and his various releases(Mille Plateaux, Jaguar, Generation Star Wars, ATR, etc.) since I was about 18 and discovered that Atari Teenage Riot was just about the angriest, most pissed off music I'd ever heard. I wasn't aware that it was possible to condense all this rage and anger into a sonic format. Apparently it is. And just like when I listen to hip hop or gangsta rap, or whatever, I start to get all angry. I don't know if it's the sonic noise assault, or just the fact that if someone else is this pissed off about something, I must be as well, simply by listening to the shit that's coming out of my speakers.
Anyway, Alec has moved on from Digital Hardcore, the style and label he helped create, and is going back to electronic roots(last two albums were more or less punk rock with electronic processing), and started a new record label, Eat Your Heart Out. And the music off it, well good goddamn, it's great. I would suggest that a majority of you(read: four) go check it out, but be warned: it's noise, for the most part. Noise with beats. It pisses people off. I went to an ATR show in college, and I ended up leaving with three cracked ribs and a black eye. It was probably the greatest show I ever went to.

Umm...what else, what else....

So Ryan and I hammered out the first episode of the show the other day, which has always been somewhat of a problem for me in writing. Dialog, I can do. Dialog and certain scenarios, or scenes, if you wanna be a dick about it. Plot, I have a problem with. I can get so far, and then I just find myself sitting there going, "Okay, now what??". But Ryan came up with the idea that we should just set up a shell for what we want the episode to be and go from there, whereas I was just writing, and I figured that the ep. would be over when it was over.
The new way of doing things...well, let's say it's way easier. I can more or less hammer out the whole ep. and then we can sit around refining it like it's fucking oil out tha' ground. Yessah. After the writing process, we're going to be looking at "taking some classes" at the local public access channel. I really need to learn non-linear editing, since most of my experience is with linear decks, and those aren't really relevant with digital filming. Also, it's good to just get a little more hands on experience with digital cameras, since I've never really used one before, and we need some experience with boom mic operation and the like. So yeah, $50 for three hours of time, and we'll be all the better for it. Hopefully. It could turn out that we just suck incredibly, which will drive the cost of this pilot up, seeing as how we'll have to hire people to do the shit that we want to do. We're more or less hoping that we can shoot this for the cost of digital tapes, renting a camera and other equipment. Then again, shit in one hand, hope in the other.....

I gotta get back to work. Big announcement coming up, certainly. May be about the show, may not be. But the two of you out there...make sure you check it out.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kiko San said...

Ryan taught you about planning and structuring, it helps.

What's the announcement?

josh said...

He didn't so much as teach me about planning and structuring, the structuring I know about, already. He suggested that we set up an outline, which gives us a definate beginning and ending.
And the announcement is....well, you'll have to wait and see.

Anonymous said...

I think there might be more than just two of us here.

<.< ······ >.>


FOR NOW.