2.02.2008

More fun with humanity

Today I was yelled at by a taxi driver.
I was crossing the street, against the advisement of the pedestrian traffic signal, and apparently this offended the shit out of said taxi driver. He yelled out the window, "Jaywalker!".
To which I responded, "Yeeeah!".
I mean, I know what I'm doing. I know that walking across the street when the orange hand is telling me to "talk to it" is, technically, against the law. I also realize that I'm no longer in the land of Pedestrial Lawsuits. If I don't see the white pedestrial, I'm taking my life into my hands when I step into that crosswalk. Okay, great.
However, yelling out my crime is not going to fill me with some secret shame. Especially when it's just jaywalking. I didn't rip anyone off, I didn't hurt anyone, and I really only cost you a second, maybe two. While I applaud your strict interpretation of the law, I really don't think that hollering it out a window at me is going to make me reflect upon my crime. Nice try, though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's boston, man. no where near as tough as new york, but boston taxi drivers feel like they're owed something. maybe cuz they cart around yuppy suffolk or northeastern students. or maybe cuz driving in boston sucks horribly.